• Computers are everywhere today. It would be impossible to go your entire life without using a computer. Cars, ATMs, and TVs we use everyday, and all contain computers. It is for this reason that computers and their software have to become more intelligent to make our lives easier and computers more accessible.
• Intelligent computer systems can and do benefit us all; however people have constantly warned that making computers too intelligent can be to our disadvantage. Artificial intelligence, or AI, is a field of computer science that attempts to simulate characteristics of human intelligence or senses. These include learning, reasoning, and adapting. This field studies the designs of intelligent.
• Expert systems are also known as knowledge based systems. These systems rely on a basic set of rules for solving specific problems and are capable of learning. The laws are defined for the system by experts and then implemented using if-then rules.
• These systems basically imitate the expert’s thoughts in solving the problem. An example of this is a system that diagnosis medical conditions. The doctor would input the symptoms to the computer system and it would then ask more questions if need or give diagnoses. Other examples include banking systems for acceptance of loans, advanced calculators, and weather predictions.
• Natural language systems interact allow computers to interact with the user in their usual language. They accept, interpret, and execute the commands in this language. The attempt is to allow a more natural interaction between the computer and user. Language is sometimes thought to be the foundation of intelligence in humans.
• Therefore, it is reasonable for intelligent systems to be able to understand language. Some of these systems are advanced enough to hold conversations. A system that emulates human senses uses human sensory simulation.
#The Model Club