• Data science is the study of data. In this we develop methods of recording,storing and analyzing data to extract useful information effectively.
• It is a multi-disciplinary field that was uses scientific methods, processes , algorithms and system to extract structured and instructed data.
• Data science is related to computer science, but is a separate field. Data science covers any type of data analysis which may or may not use computers. It is more closely related to the mathematics field of statistics which include the collection, organization, analysis and presentation of data.
• Due to large amount of data modern companies and organizations maintain, data science has become an integral part of IT.
• Turing award winner JIM GRAY imagined data science as a “fourth paradigm ” of data science (empirical, theoretical, computational and now data-driven)
• In 2012,when Harvard Business Review called it “The sexiest job of the 21st century,” the term Data Science became a buzzword.
• David Donoho, in September 2015,takes the proposition further by rejecting three simplistic, and misleading definitions of data science in terms of criticism.
• National Institute of Health has already announced plans to enhance reproducibility and transparency of research data.
• As Donoho concludes,“ The scope and impact of data science will continue to expand enormously in coming decades as scientific data and data about science itself become ubiquitously.
#The Model Club